Monday, May 18, 2009

"I Just Want To Be Loved"


"Plínio, I just want to be loved!"

This is something I'll never forget. You know when you hear something from a good friend of yours that just dropped by to say this to you? Well, that's exactly what happened to me. It was a sunny day and I woke up immersed in a terrible hangover, and the only plan I had for that day was to remain the whole afternoon in bed, enjoying my headache. But then I was surprised by this call from a good friend of mine who said she really wanted to come over to talk.
Then, a few minutes later she rang my doorbell, walked in and started crying. I still had the smell of the last night (it means smoke, alcohol and lots else) but, just for that time, my hangover state didn't matter at all. She was there crying. And I was there listening to it without any move.
Actually I have no idea why I'm saying this, but what I just found interesting in this is that she said what many people feel like saying but will never do. People are encouraged to behave like they don't give a damn about others think or say about them. This is totally bullshit! Everybody cares and I think everybody should care at least a little. Everybody likes to be pleased somehow, as well as please someone they like. For me (yeah, this is utterly personal) it's something really easy to do. It's nice to make the ones you like (or even the ones you've never seem before) smile for some seconds. That's a good example:
Yesterday it was a fucking rainy day (for a change), I got on the tram totally wet commuting to work and could see lots of people running in order to grab a place to be underneath. But there was a girl, listening to music on her Ipod, no umbrella in hands, wet from head to toe and enjoying herself. And you know what? She smiled at me with this I don't mind the rain-look and followed her way.That really made me happy! Isn't it just fantastic, somebody smiling when they're supposed to be cranky for getting wet? Well, for me it is (because I was cranky till it happened)...
I want be loved in this way. I'm not looking forward to receiving flowers, candies or a love letter (of course, who'd send that?). I just want a good smile, respect, good nights out with friends and feel free to be whatever I wanna be. Who doesn't, by the way?

3 comments:

  1. Only a few gifted are capable of sucking out the marrow of life, just to rephrase Walt Whitman... But one must experience the wood as well. And there are some questions, riot questions... Well, dear friend, philosophy has taught me that questioning is the way for getting the answers. They shall come, I bet. Meanwhile, I can give you the same advice I do for everyone who's in the middle of a riot: riot people tend to act as if they were just one crowd. Don't. Have and live your own R!OT. And BE your R!OT. This is just to say that you, cause being a R!OT of your own can bring BL!SS for the one's surrounding you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being like the wet girl in the train means being free. Daily routine makes us forget the beauty of life. Feeling alive is what matters in the end. Nice blog! Please visit mine, Plix: http://bananaselaranjas.blogspot.com
    Love and miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me think about a lot of things... about relationships, because people are getting so desapointed, that they don't mind to desapoint others, cause it's getting usual... I don't knowif I'm making myself clear, cause I'm so fucked up today.. what I mean is, people don't LOVE anymore, they have parasitic relationships... just an exchange of favors.
    Well, just to complete my total inexistence of reason, I'll put a quote that I really, really like..

    "I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." Carrie.

    It totally defines myself nowadays.

    Plinio, I really love you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers